16 August 2011

Birthday Cake Fudge

Yum. This fudge came into my life one birthday several years ago when my Grandma and I went into a little fudge/candy shop on Independence Square. Now that I'm such a treat maker, I thought I'd try and recreate it. I think my mom was excited about it. She was at work googling 'Birthday Cake Fudge' and sending me emails telling me I had to make it. And this is where she found it. It's yum, I promise. Very very rich, but definitely something I'll make again. Lelan has already requested it for his birthday, and my Grandma Ruth took the recipe for herself. Here goes nothing!
I will say beforehand, it helps to have someone else helping you while doing this, if you've never made fudge before. You have to work quickly, and one person can be stirring while the other gets all the ingredients ready to pour in.

Ingredients
3 cups sugar
• 1 1/2 sticks margarine
• 5 oz can (2/3 cup) evaporated milk
• 12 oz chopped white chocolate chips
• 7oz jar marshmallow creme
• 3 or 4 Tablespoons yellow cake mix
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• Blue coloring (Or whatever color you want to use)
• Rainbow sprinkles

• Line a square 8 or 9 inch pan with foil. Coat with nonstick spray.

• Put your sugar, margarine, and evaporated milk in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Let mixture boil for 4 minutes before removing it from heat.

• Stir in chocolate chips, cake mix, and marshmallow creme until the chocolate chips are completely melted. Add in vanilla.


• Now you have to step it up a bit, the fudge sets pretty quickly. Pour 1/3 of the fudge into a bowl and mix in the food coloring until you get your desired color.


• Pour the white fudge into your foiled pan and smooth out even. Spoon your blue fudge over the top. Use a butter knife and swirl the fudges together. (We used a little more than a third, ours turned out less swirly) Go ahead, lick the spoon. Yuuum. Sprinkle with rainbow sprinkles of your choice, before the top sets up, or they wont stick.

•  Store at room temperature until cool, then place into the fridge until firm. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. And you, and you, and you...