The crumbliness, the moistness, yum. It doesn't take too long at all. Me a little longer because I am taking photos of everything, but subtract that from the equation and it's about a 15-20 minute preparation
Makes: 10 decent size muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted (You can replace this with canola oil for a healthier treat)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
•Lay out your muffin papers if you are using them, or grease your muffin cups
• In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
• In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Pour mixture into the larger bowl and stir until moistened.
• Throw in 1 tsp. of cinnamon and mix. Spoon your batter into your muffin cups/papers.
• In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and 1/8 tsp cinnamon. Cut in 1 tbs butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. I actually had to use my hands for this part, it worked much better.
• Sprinkle a generous amount over your muffins. I used every last pinch of it. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
And then eat the crap out of them. The smell will make you do it before they even cool down. Oh the dishes I dirtied. It's okay mom, I cleaned them up.