10 February 2012

A Han Solo Valentine

Inspired by this extremely talented lady, I came up with this idea a few months ago. It wasn't until this month that I decided I'd make it as a Valentine. With Jeffrey's promise not to come on the blog until he gets this, I decided it was safe to share with you guys. This day is appropriate especially. The Phantom Menace in 3D in theaters today!! Never mind  that Han Solo doesn't make an appearance, all Star Wars is good.
Not sure what's going on here? Well that's okay because I have to explain it a lot. Instead of telling you, I'll show you:


Long story short, Jeffrey thinks Han solo is the ultimate badass for that line. So I turned the tables. It's saying something without being sappy, and I like that. Now you know. I was going to add frilly things to make it more Valentiney, but I figure he's more likely to display it if it's more manly.

Now my mediocre needlework skills could not have spit out some fantastically stitched Han Solo, so I took the easy way out and ironed him on. I added some thread on his vest for a little texture.The rest was just winging it. Try it out maybe? You may surprise yourself.

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you. And you, and you, and you...