31 March 2013

eggcellent

Untitled
No baby came over for Easter this year. I was once again faced with the fact that I am 18 and my mother will no longer call me into the kitchen to color eggs to hunt the next day. I remember vividly a time when rituals like this were no question and moms still had to assist you so you didn't spill dye all over the counter/yourself. I even remember my 24 year old brother participating. (mind you, when he was like 18. Older siblings get the longest fun.) Now I myself boil six measly eggs (seven... accidental death) to decorate for my breakfast for the next few days. And you know what? That's just fine. My hands are freshly stained and I get to do the tricky things I couldn't do when my mom was watching ;)
I originally planned using veggies + spices to dye my eggs. You know I stared at them on interest several times with perfect intention to give it a go. But it turns out natural dyes take tiiime. Vinegar + food coloring + veg oil did the trick. 
Happy Easter friends. I hope that today you reach out to family and friends and enjoy these days that bring us together. And never stop dyeing eggs because it keeps the feeling the same. 
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
UntitledUntitled Untitled
Untitled UntitledUntitled Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. And you, and you, and you...