22 May 2013

bye bye beetle

Graduation has passed, thank yous are being written, and basically I have entered the "Post Highschool Life" club. I'll probably post some big sappy "this is what it feels like" post soon, but as of right now, it doesn't feel like much. (Maybe apartment hunting will spark something.) I can say that I feel that I am about to experience a completely different life than the one I've been living for.. ever. This chapter closes as I eagerly turn the page to the next. But with camera in hand, I decided to remember it all as well as I could. Document right now for future me to look back on instead of trying to piece these details together in my brain. 

I'm going to share a series of photographs (videos?) on the blog within this next month that capture everything now as I remember it. Starting with my first car, the car that was my rough companion that often left me stranded, played static radio like a pro, forced me to let the wind into my car during the hottest summer ever, and never failed to smell like burning rubber/oil/mystery smells. A few weeks ago we sold my beetle and i've missed her since. Luckily I snapped these photos just in time.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
DSC_1588
All trunk items are very important. Strobe light, blankets, cups, socks, all for spontaneous curb parties.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Untitled
Untitled
This can really only be understood if you've been in a bug. The dash on this thing is large and I was constantly explaining it's size as my resting place. So I had to try before she was gone...
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
adios beetle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. And you, and you, and you...