23 May 2013

pet parents mugs DIY

Untitled

Those #1 MOM & DAD mugs always look so lonely at thrift stores. They're number ones of no one anymore. I bought these with intentions of just giving them a home and pretending I was a number one mom and Jeff a number one dad but this was a better idea and we don't have to lie.

needs:
- OIL BASED Sharpie marker (I got mine at Michaels)
- #1 mugs
- An oven that works

Here we go: Preheat the oven to 350 F, spend a good amount of time scribbling CAT or DOG or RAT or FISH, when you mess up (you will mess up) just use a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol to wipe it all away (That giant red one on the mom mug sucked up the marker and made it difficult to wash away, take note of that.) Bake mugs on a cookie sheet or whatever for 30 minutes. Let cool completely.

UntitledUntitled
Untitled
BOOM.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is such a great idea. I have a couple of friends/family members who would find this hilarious!

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. And you, and you, and you...