19 October 2011

Hot Buttered Lemonade

 My favorite beverage forever is lemonade. It's not just strictly a summer drink for me. I could drink it all year long. The other day I picked up some lemons at the grocery store, only planning to make regular tasty lemonade. After I got home and began craving a lemony taste, I started thinking about hot lemonade. Autumn lemonade. If there was such a thing. Then I came across this recipe. It didn't explain much, nor did it have any feedback, but it sounded heavenly. After making it, I am happy to say that it was delicious. Lemons and hotness with a touch of butter. Yum.

What you'll need:
 3 cups water
• 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice (Four lemons)
• 2/3 cup sugar
• 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
• 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
\\ Get ya lemons!
\\ If you get your lemons home only to realize you actually don't have a 'citrus squeezer', do it the old fashioned way. Squeeze or roll lemons on the counter to make for easy squeezing. Cut in half, and squeeze the crap out of them. Don't mind all the seeds, you can pick those out later. (Or strain your lemon juice if you don't want pulp) \\ Shred 1 1/2 teaspoons of lemon peel and set off to the side. You can bag your lemons to use to freshen up your garbage disposal, if you'd like. Or not.

\\ Simmer everything BUT butter in a pan over medium heat. (lemon juice, water, lemon peel, sugar) Wait until mixture is as warm as you like your beverages. \\ Pour into glasses (or glass and save the rest) and dot the top with a little butter. Or a lot, whatever. You can cut a little lemon to go on top, for prettiness. Now that your house smells lemony, treat your taste buds to the best fall beverage for lemon lovers. Happy Hump day readers. I promise I've got some more posting to do soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. And you, and you, and you...