04 December 2011

Eggless Cookie Dough Balls

Yes, they are as good as they sound, I promise. Typing this reminded me that I had some in the other room, so here I am eating a couple myself. This recipe was found while hunting for desserts to spend my day making. Definitely tasty and a recipe I will come back to when I'm craving some cookie dough.

Makes: About 2 dozen cookie balls

Needed:
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1½ cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 6 ounces miniature chocolate chips
- Almond bark or chocolate

\\ Cream Butter & Sugar.
\\ Add remaining ingredients and mix well (not with a mixer) I used my hands, and although it's messy, it is most effective. You may feel like you have too much flour when your mixing for a couple minutes and it seems to be going no where. That's okay! It'll mix just fine and look something like this giant cookie dough ball. (That's before and after using my hands)

\\ Roll into bite size balls. They are rich, so small may be best. You can still eat several if you really love cookie dough, like me. Store in something small enough to fit into your fridge. Let them stay in the fridge for thirty or so minutes.
(you can stop here if you feel no need to dip them in chocolate, they're still good!)

\\ Melt almond bark or Chocolate in pan or Chocolate Melter . If it's not getting htin enough, add shortening.

\\Do something else for thirty minutes, like baking a million other things.

\\ When chocolate is ready, remove Cookie dough balls from fridge. Attempt to do some pretty swirly design with chocolate, but if that fails, dip the tops of them instead. (Or whatever you'd like, of course)

\\ Put back in the fridge for another thirty minutes. Kill time. And eat five in one sitting. They are that good. And without risk of salmonella, too! That's always good, right?
Sara and I baked all Friday, so I should have some more to share soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. And you, and you, and you...