06 January 2012

(Pretty) Easy Up-Do


Did ya catch that? Pretty easy? I know I say this a lot, but this is too easy not to try. It takes me less than five minutes and always saves me from a bad hair day. This pretty-do accidentally happened a few years ago when I was trying pull my ponytail through to make that cute twisty ponytail. (you know the one?) However, that was before I thought it was cool. It wasn't until last year at some point that I started doing it for reals for reals. Wanna try?

Needed:
1 pony tail
2 bobby pins or those new twisty bobby pins
Hairsprays (optional)

\\ Probably brush your hair or something so it doesn't look like mine. Low ponytail it!

\\ Make a 'hole' at the top of your ponytail by pulling two sections of hair apart. Do not make it all the way through your hair, leave the bottom alone.

\\ Twist your ponytail and stuff your hair into the hole you made. By stuff, I mean.. Stuff it neatly into the hole so your hairstyle wont be lopsided when you're finished. Kind of like the way you'd make an ice cream cone.. sort of. If there are any lose hairs, go ahead and really stuff them in.

\\ Now add a bobby pin going each way through the top, through the ponytail holder. (which should now be right at the top of your stuffed bundle)
 Voila! Nows the time tuck in any little hair that escaped, and hairspray.

Do not get discouraged if yours turns out like this. (below)
I still do it sometimes! It's usually because my ponytail is too loose. Just take it out and try again.
Also add a headband or a headscarf for a little cuteness. I love it either way, but no headband is usually my more casual look. Oh hey, and when you take this out, your hair will be all nice and wavy.
There is nothing more annoying than a hair tutorial that makes no sense. Believe me, I've been there. Getting ready for some kind of event telling(yelling at?) the computer "that doesn't make sense!" "It doesn't look like that at all!" Then ending up leaving it down and in tangles. Oh I'm the only one who does that? Anyways, if something doesn't make sense, let me know! Really.
Happy Friday everyone!



9 comments:

  1. Thank you! I suck also, but I always blame the tutorial. Hope it works for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so pretty! I usually suck at trying hair tutorials (my hair is thin and straight, worst combination ever), but I will try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so pretty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so easy and awesome thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this! Mine didn't turn out as cute as yours but it was pretty easy! Oh, and thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please add the tutorial video :0

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohmigosh... A hair tutorial that actually works for me. I just died of shock when I was able to do it on the first try... And it looks darn cute! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do this alot. Year round. Even works with short to medium hair. Dress it up with pretty clips. If you reverse the flip and pull it all the way through the hole, it's a nice up do as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do this alot. Year round. Even works with short to medium hair. Dress it up with pretty clips. If you reverse the flip and pull it all the way through the hole, it's a nice up do as well.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. And you, and you, and you...