25 February 2012

Dreamsicle smoothie

I've been craving some kind of fruity drink daily. I blame it on the weather that can't decide what it wants to do. Last night I found this recipe on Pinterest (imagine that) and easily gathered all of the ingredients without a trip to the store. Christy Jordan from Southern Plate is obviously a genius. You can get the recipe here. I altered mine a bit so I didn't have to save four ounces of orange juice concentrate, so I'll give a little run down here.

Needed:
- 1 can orange juice concentrate (12 oz)
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract

1\\ Put everything into blender. I suggest saving sugar for last so you can adjust accordingly. Also, at first it seems grainy from the salt, but once in cups that all disappears.
2\\ Blend until frothy. This took me 10-15 seconds on smoothie.
3\\ Pour into pretty cups. Tada!
Tasty or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. And you, and you, and you...