Staring at delicious food on pinterest is no longer enough. I must make delicious food! Dinner yesterday I scrolled through pinterest hoping to find those delicious meals I always see. Somehow nothing sounded particularly tasty. I was on my own. With a craving for mexican and a distant memory of margarita tacos in my past. We made a trip the trip to get groceries.
I'll be honest, I didn't know what I was doing. I ended up finding a lime chicken recipe and pulling pieces away from it. Fast forward about an hour and a half and there is one satisfying, delicious dinner on the table. It was a proud day. I'm happy to share with you, a BT original! (haha)
This feeds two with leftovers.
- 2 chicken breats, shredded
- 1/4 cup lime juice ( we used real limes )
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp margarita mix
Sauce: (This is too easy not to make, and really ties the flavors all together)
- 1 tbsp miracle whip
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 tsp cumin
Okay let's get started.
• If you're juicing limes to get your lime juice, do that now & set aside, keep lime peels!
• Boil chicken on the stove for 30 minutes. If you have lime peels, drop them in with your chicken, too. If not, don't worry too much about it, the flavor comes later.
• Shred your chicken! The most effective way.. is mauling it with two forks. Hold with one, shred with the other.
• Throw into a medium sized bowl and add the rest of the chicken ingredients. Toss/ stir around until the chicken is covered evenly. Transfer to a pan (the one you used to cook chicken?) on the stove & keep it over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
(There's more chicken than above, this is after we dug into it)
• Mix your sauce ingredients into a small bowl and mix to taste. I might've added a little more sour cream afterwards, do what tastes best. Jeffrey made this stuff once when we had shrimp tacos so I got the recipe from him. Perfect for fishy, shrimpy, chicken tacos. So good. Get your tortillas and all the toppings that you'd like, and DIG IN.
...and if you love couscous as much as I, make that also. If you haven't tried couscous, go to the grocery store and grab a box. My mom wasn't a fan, but it's worth the taste. I'm obsessed with the stuff, also introduced to me by Jeffrey. That guy.
Off to eat the leftovers now. It's been a wonderful lazy Saturday.
Have a wonderfully perfect weekend, guys.