27 February 2013

the best chocolate chip cookie

Untitled
I'm not sure that I have shared the obsession my mother and I share with finding the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. My entire life we've made homemade cookies using the recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag. Which worked out wonderfully until the cookies became flat, cratered, carcasses of the cookies we use to love. We still don't know what happened. Since this traumatizing event, we have made it out life goal to find a fluffy, tasty, moist chocolate chip cookie. And I am ecstatic to announce that it has been found.


If it was up to my mother we'd keep this secret. And maybe if we made the recipe ourselves I would consider it... but I have to pass on the love.



Ingredients:

3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup bread flour (all-purpose flour may be substituted and used exclusively in place of bread flour)
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt, optional and to taste
6 ounces (3/4 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips


It's mostly all in your kitchen, right? Exactly. The one thing my mother and I have taken away from this journey is this: Do exactly as the recipe says and do not substitute anything. We didn't try this without, but I'm almost positive that the bread flour played the biggest role in the fluffiness. (and the chilling of the dough) The recipe called for chocolate chunks as well, but if chocolate isn't your thing, leaving them out wont hurt.



For the full recipe, click click over here.



Hope this ends your journey as well

xo

1 comment:

  1. my mother and I are exactly the same! And we literally just found this recipe the other night and made them and wouldn't shut up about how yummy they are!

    xo astrid

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. And you, and you, and you...